Literature reviews are typical to write because they require a thorough study from your side about the literature. In order to ensure the perfection in your literature review papers, you should perform the critical analysis of literature. You should remember that the purpose of your review is to provide the latest information to your readers about literature. You should also keep in mind that writing literature review will further aid you in a research proposal.
Through review of literature, you will be able to provide valuable information to the audience. If you want your literature reviews to be a success; then, you should have command over the following:
1. Information Seeking.
2. Critical Appraisal.
You should ensure to provide an answer to each of the following questions before you begin writing literature review:
1. What am I going to teach the audience through my literature review?
2. What is the scope of literature that I am going to define the audience?
3. How good am I at information seeking?
4. Should I go for qualitative or quantitative research?
5. How should I analyze the literature?
6. Are the readers going to be benefited from my review?
After answering the preceding questions, you should follow the points listed below to review your literature:
• You should go through thesis papers, journals, books and articles thoroughly to find out the literature relevant to your topic on dissertation.
• You should keep reading about the review topics to gather more information about them.
• Reading will aid you to find references to support your standpoint. References will also aid you to prove your findings.
• Check whether the literature that you have searched is up to date or need modification. If it needs changes; then you should modify it by eliminating the flaws.
• Lastly, you should cite down the source once you are finished with your writing literature review.
Following points listed above is one of the simplest ways to handle your literature review papers effectively. In a nutshell, you should answer a few questions to yourself listed above before you begin to write literature review.