Follow these steps and it will be as easy as 1 2 3…
History has an advantage when it comes to writing about it, which is that when you have to write you don’t have to make up any story or relate it with your life.
If the cold war was a result of conflict which arise after the WW2 between the U.S. and the Soviet Union it will be mentioned in the same context and unchanged. Or it ended with the end of the USSR; it is the way it did you cannot deny it.
Writing a cold war history essay is quite easy. It is just like following a recipe but the key to good taste is the availability of all the desired ingredients.
Follow these 5 simple steps and win an “A’ grade from your teacher…Guaranteed!
- Write an introduction about the cold war history the; when, why & who. E.g.
a. who were the key players in the war?
b. when it started?
c. the reasons as to why 2 superpowers engaged in a war just
after one war ended?
- Select a particular era from the cold war history, the war continued for almost 50 years and even writing a brief summary would take you years of research and data collection. Narrow your spectrum and focus, remember you have to write a cold history essay not a book! E.g. the Germany’s role or Vietnam’s. or just select a period from the war like, ‘the era between 1965 to 1975’
- Research or as I would say getting the desired ingredients;search history notes, books, class notes, websites and gather as much information as you can. Consolidate your data; sort it on different basis like; time, place and reasons.
- Design the body in a time-line format. Give the information about the war with reference to the time of their occurrence along with their dates. This would create interest and testify your research
- Conclude your essay with the; outcomes and the successors. Like who won the war, what changes did it brought to the world and what other results were possible.
Hope this will help you on your cold war history essay writing and creating a like for history as well.